B-Staff Path

B-Staff Path

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mondays in Africa are awesome.

When working here in Zambia, Mondays are not a drag like they are in the United States, maybe if I actually had a job over here and had to work, they would be a drag, but since my job is working with babies...it's really quite enjoyable. So much so that I even work on the weekends! So far I have really enjoyed working here with the kids again. It is even more rewarding for me this year now that I have more experience and knowledge.

Today I spent my morning time taking care of the stragglers in the groups and playing with Curt. Eventually Curt found my camera and while in my lap took about 50 pictures of my chest and arm...Thanks Curt. I then helped the Aunties herd the kids inside for Shema Time, and then I headed over to join Carla's language group in Haven 3 with the older boys; Adam, Lincoln, Leo, Joel, Joseph, Caleb, and then Shannon. Shannon is not really in the group, but sometimes she joins us if we stay inside. I ended up working with Shannon for that session, she did well in most of the activities and had great behavior compared to all the boys. That was a relief! After that session we left for lunch.

When we returned the the Havens I went to Haven one, and worked with Emmanuel. After working with Emmanuel for about 30 minutes I eventually got him to sustain eye contact for a while. Some of us think that his hearing might be very poor. He never really responded/reacted to any noises I made.  Eventually Emmanuel fell asleep and I put him back in his crib, just in time to leave for HAVEN 2 TIME!!!

Haven 2 is my favorite Haven. The kids are so excited and there are so many of them! Layla, Leah, and Marcus sat in my lap most of the time, with the occasional Twapegwa interruption.

After working in Haven 2 for the last 45 minutes of the day we walked back to the house for dinner. Tonight a group of us plus Webster played soccer out on the field! It was fun to play with Webster, he was very fast, and I was very out of shape. The group consisted of Hayley, Darah, Webster, Lindsey, Ian, and I. We split up into teams of 3 and played offense vs defense, and switched every 4 min. By the end we were all exhausted!

Later in the evening one of Lindsey's old friends Prince came and sang with the group. He taught us some new songs and Webster joined us. Webster and I got to sing bass together, we were loving it!
 
Thank you for all your prayers and support! Continue to pray for the group and the kids! Thanks!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment