B-Staff Path

B-Staff Path

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tremendous Tuesday

Day 29
Tuesday! Tuesday was a great day. This morning we had pancakes and then we headed early to Eric’s house. Today I picked up Peter and walked him over to our first session. He was great all the way till we arrived at Haven 3 for therapy and then he started to cry. He cried for a while but eventually calmed down. 

Today’s therapy went really well. During our time in between therapy times I grabbed Leah. Her head was shaved over the weekend so she looks a lot different but she was still very pretty. I held her as long as I could until it was time to start our next session. Today I got to work with Ruben and Dorcas. Today I was in charge for the session. None of the babies fell asleep today which was slightly disappointing, but it was a very good session. We sang many songs and I made up a story about Benny the baby bee.  During our session we sang about the wise man that build his house upon the rock, and the entire room joined us in singing, it was very fun.

For lunch today we were spoiled with fried chicken and mashed potatoes. The food was very good. After lunch we headed back to the Havens. I worked with Jonathan today again, but he had a fever today and was very low energy. He was a completely different child today. Apparently there is some illness going around the Haven’s right now. Hopefully most of the kids and us will remain healthy. For Jonathan, since he is so active, I planned all theses active boy activities, but because he was feeling ill we ended up reading “The Cat in the Hat.” He seemed to pay attention well to the book. After working with Jonathan I worked with Sydney as always. Today I pushed her on a little scooter for the first time. She really enjoyed it.

After our therapy time was over Tessa and I went and played soccer with the college students. The guys let us warm up with them and stretch with them. It was really fun to play with them. Tessa got to kick a PK, and we both got a few touches on the ball and some successful passes. However, because we played soccer, we were late for dinner. Tonight we had potato soup, and watermelon. The soup was great and the watermelon was even better.

Once dinner was finished I hung out in the Man house talking about the kids at the Havens and the HIZ PATH program. Eventually we slowly drifted off to bed.
Please keep us in your prayers. Tomorrow the group is traveling 2 hours south to Livingstone, where we will stay till Saturday. Please keep our safety and health in your prayers.

Thank you.

Ben 

No comments:

Post a Comment